Congratulations on taking the first step in becoming a Traffic Control Person! Here’s what you need to know:
- You’ll have to complete a two-day course in traffic control and there are no prerequisites.
- The cost for the course varies, but it’s usually around $220.00.
- The course is offered by the BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA)
- The courses are conducted frequently and you can find out about the course details and schedules here.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the course, you’ll receive a TCP Certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- You’ll have to renew your certificate after 3 years and take a refresher course to be brought up to date on the latest regulations.
That’s it! Imagine, within a week, you could apply to Ansan as a bona fide Traffic Control Person. You could soon be controlling traffic in places other than a roadway. It could be around a movie scene shooting, parades, bicycle races and outdoor public celebrations.
Go ahead, do it!
Ansan also has dedicated classroom space devoted to training and upgrading of its employees. Regular courses are held in all phases of traffic control in the ongoing effort to see that our people are prepared for this challenging and rewarding calling.
Contact Us and we’ll email you when a course is being offered.
What our People have to Say
I began working as a Traffic Control Person and eventually progressed into a Dispatch role. I am now working as a Traffic Planner and really enjoy what I’m doing. Thank you Ansan for providing me with challenging and rewarding work that I love!